Friday, August 20, 2010

How to deal with older men flirting?

Hi, I'm 17 male and gay. I have anxiety/shy issues, self esteem self conciousness etc. I feel insecure just by seeing what I've just typed here..





anyway I have a problem with this man (about 40+) who gets my bus. the little schoolkids I have heard they gossip about him being a paedophile. my personal idea is that is he very insecure because he looks paranoid (he is real fat, always looking around nervously and has a red face). Now I dont want anything to do with him as I have my own life to go on with but despite this he always turns around and tries to catch my eye, and when i get off the bus he looks out the door as i exit through it which really makes me uncomfortable and stressed. it makes me wonder what i have done to make him to this (think im gay and perve) or if he just does this for any guy. sometimes i try to hide behind the person sitting in front of me so he wont see me, so that when i get off I can go quick and he wont know to turn around and stare. i've even considered not getting that bus and waiting for the next one.





each day I get more and more stressed which is bad for my health, and i feel like going up to him and punching him or something. not only him, when im in town I feel freaked by to-be gay older men. like one time im waiting for the bus and this tall man briskly walks past me so close that his hands almost touch my privates and clears his throat loudly/coughs as he does so as if hinting. i dont want it.





why does this happen?? do older men think any younger guy is gay and wants to hook up with them? is there something in one appearances that just says 'im gay'?How to deal with older men flirting?
awwwh, that must be hell.





can we chat, please add:





crawfo_on_fire@hotmail.com





and the previous answerer is an idiot.How to deal with older men flirting?
Get over yourself. If you are sure they are flirting and do not like it, tell them so. It is obvious they can see you are gay, and are flirting with you to see whether you are interested or not.





Do younger men (like you) think any older guy is gay and wants to hook up with them?
about the men in town i think you are paranoid, but the guy on the bus im not really sure...
I think your issues are deeper than you have described.





When I was your age, many older men flirted with me. I found that ';no thank you.'; worked out well... and if not, ';stop it'; worked even better. A hand slap should get the point across without saying a word.





I suggest not sitting near the red-faced perv. That should stop the problem without having to say or do anything.





Have you thought about taking the next or an earlier bus?

No comments:

Post a Comment