Friday, August 20, 2010

Anxiety at and about work??

I have an anxiety disorder and there are lots of changes at work. My boss retired and one of my peers has taken her place as acting director. One girl continuously talks about finding another job, her looks, men flirting with her and other annoying things. Another coworker is talking about leaving in December and yet another one is planning to retire in March. Another of my coworkers has already left to have a baby and she probably won't be returning.


Through all of these changes my job has stayed the same, but all of these external things are making my anxiety worse. I don't want to come to work and when I'm here I don't want to be here. I like what I do don't get me wrong about that, but I don't know how to handle all of the anxiety. I cry just about every morning and I don't want to leave home. I'm absolutely miserable. Any suggestions?? Anyone been through this? What do you do when your coworkers drive you nuts?Anxiety at and about work??
I suggest you find a new jobAnxiety at and about work??
Well, from my experience I have found no one is going to change because they upset me. I wish they would, but it just isn't going to happen. For me I practice everyday turning a deaf ear to gossip, innuendo's, small talk around the office. Come in, do my work and go home. That is all I can do. If they are upsetting me, it is not them that have the problem, it is I. This is a very hard lesson to learn. Let go and let them be what ever they need to be. Peace to You.
go talk to someone, a doc before you really lose it it sounds like you are nearing the end of your rope.


this is too serious to depend on YA for help.
At my last job, my boss and coworker left within weeks (the three of us made up the department), then they hired a socially inept person to take over as boss and a co-op to recreate the department. I was so anxious about it I got migraines. I started looking for a new job and found a great replacement job with more support and stability. I recommend at least looking at other employment opportunities.
I have been there, not only at work but other situations.


I was given klonopin to alleviate the symptoms.


I suggest that if your job is causing more anxiety, LEAVE!


It's not healthy for you.
Wow are you sure you don't work with me? :) Lots of annoying people here as well and I hate it, I made friends with the cool ones but I use headphones to block out the irritating ones. Its not worth getting so upset over, its just a job, if you don't feel things are going to get any better maybe its time to look for another job.

No comments:

Post a Comment