Monday, August 16, 2010

Its ok for a married man to flirt with an attractive woman?

I'm in a theatre production with a guy and the flirtation has been very direct from him.Hes very attractive (and without being vain, so am I.)I enquired as to his status and found out that he is married though never refers to her and also has a girlfriend!


I have cooled off my flirtation since I heard this and honestly I am surprised as he is acting 100% like a single guy!


I said to another male actor'have you seen how flirtatious he is with me' and the other actor said 'its ok to flirt with an attractive woman, theres no harm in that'.


Well there is harm in that in my opinion!


I may be attractive and fun but I'm not a toy! Its confusing to get that attention and married men shouldnt behave like that!


What are your thoughts?Its ok for a married man to flirt with an attractive woman?
Flirting, cheating on his wife...he has TROUBLE written all over him.Its ok for a married man to flirt with an attractive woman?
Flirting is not the problem.


Left as flirting, it remains verbal.


That would go into the category of flattering conversation.





When flirting crosses over into courting more that is a whole different thing.





The guy you refer to sounds like a total jerk. Wife, girlfriend


working on you, not a good situation.
I think a small dose of flirting is healthy for a marriage, it gives a little something for them.. However he is just a dog so it sounds. He would probably just add you to his notch. Or whatever the guys say. Don't even give him any attention. You could probably get any guy you want. Single hopefully.. Just tell his wife do her a favor.
I'm married and my wife is a bartender so sometimes she flirt during the course of shift but nothing over the line. I understand her reasons but it the shoe was on the other foot she would not be happy with me being a bartender.. I don't think it's cool to flirt with other women just because I don't like to but myself in a position where I could bring harm to my marriage.
A little mild flirting is probably ok, if his wife doesn't mind. But it sounds like this character is WAY over the line (by miles). You were wise to cool off the flirtation, and you would be wiser yet to avoid him as much as your working together will allow.
I think that it is more important what you do than what he does......you have it in your power to stop him in his tracks.....he 's a loser....and that's just what should be done
I agree with you, a married man should not be flirting with any other woman but his wife, he can admire other women but that is different. Flirting is a persons way to give out signals to the opposite sex that they desire them. As you said, he is married and has a girlfriend too, so this should tell you he had intentions of getting to you so his flirting is not innocent at all and should not be viewed that way either.
I'm sure it must be ok by at least one of the players in the mix.
Depends on the word flirt. This guy is off for the following reason. You don't feel comfortable.





Flirting can be a good thing as a ego stroker. If a woman changes her hair style, I usually comment. If a woman likes my new shirt, my haircut, etc., it makes me feel better about myself. In these cases if either of us feels it is a come on, I back off. I also don't make a secret of my wife. Minor flirting is good, make someone's day brighter.
flirting is okay, and very natural. He's married not dead, he can still see. And when you marry your husband will flirt too. Now, where you both take the firting is what determines if it is right or wrong
totally wrong to flirt if you are married, absolutely wrong! you are correct! and you were absolutely right to back off! he has a girlfriend and a wife? probably looking for another girlfriend, and probably has a disease by now =(... stick to your guns! don't lower your standards just because someone thinks flirting causes no harm, I bet it would harm his wife if she found out! boy, I hope she finds out about that girlfriend, too... and dumps him! if I found out my husband was flirting w/ some other woman, I'd dump him... I don't take any crap...! =) and I don't flirt w/ men...I am a married woman! good luck to you...
no flirting is never OK he may look but never flirting or touching cheating on his wife. well i think if you are flirting then you will take it to the next level and that is not OK. he needs to stop or just be single all together.
You are right in giving him the cold shoulder. If only other women are like you, there will be no mistresses in this world. I admire you for doing the right thing.
I agree with you

No comments:

Post a Comment