Friday, August 20, 2010

A couple of questions for any gay people on this site?

Hi! I've got a couple of queries about male homosexuality, I am purely curious so if you could offer any insight I'd be grateful. I do not know much about the gay world, so if I put my foot in it please let me know, and forgive me!





OK, firstly; the 'camp', very effeminate gay men. Is this an act, or are they generally like that? I don't mean to offend, but when I meet a gay man who is very obviously camp, I often wonder if they put on the whole lisp/ limp wrist thing, or if they actually don't realise they're doing it.





Secondly, in a physical relationship, is one man always the man (giver) and one always the woman (taker)? If so, am I right to presume it's the camp guys who play the women? Again, please, please forgive me if I have caused offence.





Lastly, the cracker! I believe I, myself, might be little attracted towards men. Flirting with men does it for me, but I am not sure about the physical aspect of it. Do I necessarily have to be physically attracted to men? If so, what's the best way to experiment- should I just walk up to someone in a gay bar and say, 'Look, I'm new to this and think I might like men...you look nice, can we, you know, try something out?'





If it was you I approached like this, how would you feel?





Thank you for any serious advice, and I truly am sorry if I have caused offence.A couple of questions for any gay people on this site?
Firstly, no offence taken.


1. I know several ';camp'; gay men and must admit I have never asked them about it but they are always like it so I guess it is they way they are. Always very friendly and very nice people.


2. It's not always the camp guy who is on the bottom. There are three categories, (for want of a better way of putting it), Top, bottom or versatile, i think they explain themselves! I'm versatile because I like giving and receiving.


3. Go for it! Had a guy do that to me in the past and he loved the whole experience and I loved showing him!





Hope this helpsA couple of questions for any gay people on this site?
I don't believe the Camp men really try to be what is so obvious. in the second question there is a gay saying that you never know who will turn over first. Some of the effeminate guys are pretty dominate in the bedroom.


And in the third case I think it would be a good approach. Try it






Some people think I'm effeminate, but I am just acting like me. I'm not doing anything intentionally.





Second, it's not always that way.





Last, do what you feel comfortable with.
I'm a bisexual guy, and I honestly don't know if the campy guys are for real or not. People can be naturally more masculine or feminine, but the campy guys sort of remind me of vally girls the way they take it to the extreme.


I don't particularly believe in roles in a relationship myself. I think it would be a little boring to only be on top, or be on the bottom all the time, although myself I prefer bottom, I'll happily be a top. Some guys, are just not into top/bottom, and wont do the other. I also don't see the point in dominant/submissive role in everyday life, the bedroom is fine, but just be yourself in a relationship.


If you like to flirt with men you are at least bi curious. I would suggest you do just that, flirt, maybe a kiss, you'll know if your into it, and you'll know if your not. You don't need to read a disclaimer to a guy how this doesn't mean your going to have sex with him if you flirt a little. Hope I helped
Davey don't worry about offending people, because it is quite clear from the way that you are asking these questions you are genuine.





'Camp' is always difficult because camp does not have to be effeminate, therefore a man can be camp e.g. showy, 'life is a drama', etc, etc without being gay!





Effeminacy is something that is also a little down to the individual - where exactly do you draw that line? Is it effeminate i.e. to show female traits to be sensitive (for example) to be emotional (e.g. not afraid to cry) or even to be into facial products like skin care, etc(not necessarily make-up)





Yes there are 'camp queens' who are overtly effeminate (in stereotype) don't care who knows, hears or sees it and can cause offence to those who don't know better. However again I have found some people who are 'like that' to be really witty, a good laugh and as genuine as anyone else.





So it all comes down to definition - what you are personally comfortable with in terms of how you appear to others and how others appear to you. There are no hard or fast rules, it is what you want out of life. I know plenty of men who have sex with other men, but don't term themselves as gay and men who don't have sex with other who do term themselves gay. It is what they are comfortable with and no one 'demands' because you have some sort of undefined attraction toward men that automatically means you are one thing or another!
No, not everyone who acts camp knows they do it. But some do put on a show, just to show you who they are. I know I never act like that.





As far as the man and female thing, it happens A LOT but sometimes 2 men are just men, together. There is no female/male, right or wrong role. It just is.





';If it was you I approached like this, how would you feel?';





2 things: I'd be happy that you came up to me with such ease and bluntness and I would either say, ';Let's see'; and want to talk or say, ';OK'; and we could do things. :)





Hope I helped. :)



camp: its for real, but it can get turned up or turned down.


No, not always one or the other.


3rd, well, thats a bit forward. Perhaps you should go the same path as you would with a women. That is talk first and see if you actually care to bother. But the fast track might work just as well. Be sure you tell him you are new to this. For some its a real turn on and they will make sure its an unhurried experience.
Hi, Davey - must admit, I'm a bit camp, but as I'm a railway engineer, tend to sometimes over-state some sort of machismo whilst at work. I'm a mummy's boy, and so was given loads of practise from the age of seven onwards (being half French also does the trick!) but do it almost unconsciously now - but am relaxed with it. I would argue my 'campness' is indeed natural, but have met men here in Manchester, and elsewhere who put it on a bit more than they should, really - just as much as I act all 'alpha male' whilst at work. Could it not be true that most - if not all of us go through life acting. What about the teenagers/young men who put on acts to impress not only each other, but women - as for women themselves. Well!! We all go through life to try and impress - whatever sex we are.


As for your admiration to men - most gay men would not only see through you, but ask what your 'game' is. You don't say how old you are, but if you're over, say, 30 - then you may have realised a strange feling you used to have years ago has returned - despite you having a wife and children! There are many men who have gone through this - got married, then couldn't continue the act. All I can suggest is you dive into the pool and test your tolerance!
Well kiddo, you seem to be a direct and pragmatic person. Your thoughts on the dynamics of a homosexual relationship are interesting, but perhaps a bit clouded in the stereotypical behaviors often associated with gay men. I've met some very nice non-gay individuals in my life and have often been told with the utmost sincerity, that I could pass for non-gay. Little did they know that I was secretly clutching my pearls and gasping! But always conducting myself as a gentleman, I take the opportunity to inform as well as educate.


So, there are some men with preferences to receiving (bottom) or giving (top), but there are also men who enjoy both giving and receiving (versatile).Now, you only get one first time, so put some thought into it. Perhaps you could establish a friendly rapport and get the know the guy. See him a few times and go from there. And do what feels right for both if you. Have fun!



The camp gay - generally they are just being themselves. The more comfortable a person feels with those around him the easier it is to be very silly and campy. However, it is still 'them'





Some men flip flop, some men are only top and some men are only bottom.





Take it slow. No need to rush into anything. I say simply go to a bar and have drinks and hang out and meet people. Get a comfort level before you proceed. Your very honest approach would certainly win points with me.





You sound like an exceptionally nice guy I am sure you will work this out just fine.
lol, camp. i just call them flamboyant or flamers, depends on if i like them or not, and it's not always an act





not always, rarely actually, as both are equals and most ppl are versitile.





lol, go for it then. just be safe and make sure ur comfortable, and the guy ur with. honestly, i think with that, ull be taken advantage of and may even hurt the other person, as sex does kinda mean something to some ppl. but i think u should at least like them.....

No comments:

Post a Comment