Friday, August 20, 2010

Eyeglasses and drag question?

Every year for Halloween, I go dressed as a woman.


I'm not a drag queen, and I only do it on Halloween because its too much work to do more often and I'm allergic to 95% of the make-up.


But I do a good job impersonating a woman and I know I am passable. I can go into a biker bar or other really anti-gay bar and have straight men flirt with me because they are SURE I am a real woman.


MY QUESTION - I have to wear eyeglasses all the time because my vision is so bad. I am nearly legally blind and without glasses, I don't even feel comfortable walking around my own home, let alone out in public.


However, when I wear my glasses while doing drag, it takes away from the look, and people who know me can always tell its me due to my glasses. What can I do about the eyeglasses when I do drag? I can't not wear them due to my vision being so bad, and I don't think I would be able to have contact lenses due to how poor my vision is, and its too close to Halloween to get them now anyway.Eyeglasses and drag question?
Go to WalMart , they have a large selection of glasses in either sex style, so you can have your girly frames for cheap. These are on the rack glasses and should be near the pharmacy.Eyeglasses and drag question?
Would you consider laser treatment on your eyes, if your eyes are so bad? Then you wouldn't need to wear the glasses at all, or contact lenses.





Specsavers and similar could set you up with contact lenses on the day you go in for testing, they have them in stock. Phone them up and check.
Well, you could buy another pair of glasses in a more feminine style; but maybe that would be a little expensive for just one night a year.





(Incidentally; those straight men who are flirting with you MAY have clocked you straight away, and just be having a little fun....be careful, and don't get overconfident)
Lenscrafters! Get your glasses or contacts quick.
go buy a pair of women's glasses and only use them for Halloween. Big over-sized ones are always good for costumes!

No comments:

Post a Comment