Monday, August 16, 2010

I am married to a British man woman flirt with him just because of his accent. How should I deal with this?

I married a British man I met in Florida while on vacation. We have been married 4 years and it has been a dream come true he is everything I ever wanted from a spouse.


My problem is we live in a very small town most have never even left this area and women are really flirty with my husband. I am not a jealous person by nature but on woman told my husband his accent made her ';horney'; I was very put off by this.


I am wondering how I should deal with this strange behavior over a accent? How crazy is that?I am married to a British man woman flirt with him just because of his accent. How should I deal with this?
You don't have to deal with any behavior over an accent. If you trust that your husband will not act on any advances, then everything is fine. I am also British, married to an American. Men (and women) comment on my accent all the time and hang around when my husband and I are at functions (to just hear me speak). It doesn't bother my husband, because he knows me. Do you know your husband?I am married to a British man woman flirt with him just because of his accent. How should I deal with this?
As long as he doesn't encourage the flirtation or reciprocate it, I'd say you don't really have anything to worry about. You can't control or really confront these women about it, but you can tell your husband that it's making you a bit uncomfortable and discuss the issue. The next time a woman approaches him while you're with him and makes such a flirtatious comment, maybe you could try jumping in and say '; I know, that's why I married him. ';
ask her: ';are you crazy?';
Not crazy, but inappropriate. Did she say this to you or to him? I would have told her that you were offended by her statement.





As long as your husband is faithful to you and doesn't go out of the way to flirt back, then just smile and say ';well that's one of the things that attracted me to him too';.





Have to admit that I love the English and Aussie accents too. But I'm very happily married and would not flirt with your husband - only flirt with my husband :)
Learn to ignore it. I'm in the north and hubby is a southern gentleman- woman always flirt with him, too. I just smile, because I know he's devoted to me.
In general there really isn't much you can do about flirting other than let your husband know how it makes you feel %26amp; hope he does not encourage it. However the ';horney'; comment is out of line. If I were in the room, I would have told the woman to eff off. Seriously, I would have. If my husband told me that story and didn't give any indication of putting her off I would ask him how he'd like it if some man was coming on to me at the grocery store, saying maybe my a s s looked good in those jeans and whether he'd want me to smile at that man or tell him I'm married and walk off? Some people call this level of flirting innocent but for me it's about respect. Your husband should respect you %26amp; your vows and vise versa and when other people cross the line, they should be put in check. Again, it's about respect. Just be honest with your hubby about how this is making you feel. Hopefully he will take your feelings into consideration.
  • free spyware remobal
  • firewall
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment